A proven solution to root canal treatment, DSI Iodoform Powder offers a wide range of benefits. Not only does it act as a mild anesthetic, but it can also dry any exudates and prevent bleeding. Plus, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, this powder reduces the chances of irritating the periapical tissues. On top of that, DSI Iodoform also provides a lasting antimicrobial effect on the root canal's microflora. Though DSI Iodoform Powder itself does not possess antiseptic qualities, when it is brought into contact with bodily tissues, especially those that are producing serous or purulent secretion, a breakdown of the powder begins. This creates a release of free iodine which then works to actively fight off germs in combination with protein substances.
DSI Iodoform is a crystallized powder with an amber-yellow hue and a strong scent. Composed primarily of Triiodomethane, with the chemical formula CHI3. Usable as a sanitizer, this compound has been trusted by many throughout the ages and finds wide application as a disinfectant and antiseptic.
DSI Iodoform Powder has antifungal and antiprotozoal effects. It is commonly used as a healing and antiseptic dressing after dental surgeries, tooth extractions, and canal preparations.
The use of DSI Iodoform has been accepted as an effective way to stop capillary bleeding and provide a weak analgesic effect. The iodine formed when the product is used works in conjunction with tissue secretions, air, and light to help facilitate a faster cleaning of the wound area and encourages tissue granulation.
• Acts as a mild anesthetic.
• Can dry any exudates and prevent bleeding.
• Reduces the chances of irritating the periapical tissues thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
• Creates a release of free iodine which then works to actively fight off germs in combination with protein substances.
• Disinfecting agent.
• Used as a healing and antiseptic dressing after dental surgeries, tooth extractions, and root canal preparations.
• Treating infected canals in case there is chronic periodontitis.
• Have a high pH level (12.5) creating a long bactericidal effect.
IODOFORM: DSI Iodoform Powder 15g